Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Gibb's Garden ramble

   Got to go on this ramble with my elder brothers and their wives . Quite the treat as the eldest lives in Florida . We couldn't have picked a better day to visit .

   In relating the day to my wife  , she just couldn't understand the excitement over Gibb's claim to fame of hillsides covered in over two million dandelions . Said her sinuses would have killed her . Dandelions , daffodils , what the hell . They are both flowers , right ?



   Now that we have straightened out the names , there were more varieties of the dang flowers than I had ever seen .





   According to our tour guide deer wont eat daffodils . Aaaanndddd , he had personally counted every one of the two million plants . Lucky for him they weren't dandelions .



   Not real sure what these plants are but I thought they were pretty .




   I believe these are paper bushes .



   It was hard to catch the tunnel effect of the river birches .



   There were still a lot of things that had yet to bloom . In a few weeks the roses and the azaleas should be breathtaking . Definitely worth a return trip .  While Gibb's was definitely a great ramble , doing it with two of my brothers and their wives made it even more special . Hopefully we will be doing it again soon .

1 comment:

  1. Those look more like big crape myrtle. I haven't made it out to Gibb but I hear it's amazing the amount of plants he has acquired.

    ReplyDelete